Several have asked about getting email updates for this blog—so you know when we’ve updated and you don’t have to keep checking back.
Here’s the instructions Meg wrote to some family members in an email last week. So far, we’re not too proficient in blog world, and this is the only way we know how to sign up by email…
If you don’t want to have to keep going to the blog to check if we’ve posted or not, you can receive an e-mail from the site every time we post. Here’s how:
1. From any post already on the site, scroll to the bottom of the posts and click on the comments—it will say something like “3 comments.”
2. Under ‘Leave a Reply,’ type your name, e-mail address, and a comment. (You can just type ‘test’ or something like ‘just signing up for emails’ if you have no legitimate comment to make!)
3. Make sure you click the box next to “Subscribe by e-mail to this site,” and then click “Post comment.”
4. You will receive an e-mail from “Twins City” a few minutes later.
5. Click on the link inside the e-mail—it will take you to a subscribe page.
6. Choose your settings—you can receive an e-mail every time a new post is made (just by us—not every time a comment is made), get a daily report every morning if a post has been made, or a weekly report.
7. Click ‘Save changes’—and you should be notified by email every time there’s a new post!