Our poor blog has been a bit neglected in the past few months. It’s not that we don’t have a lot to share, or even that we are very busy. It just kinda slipped from our priority list for a while. Which can be a good thing.
To keep you up to date on the Mathises, here are a few notable occurrences that have been occupying us these months…
1. The move. We moved at the end of May (it was Memorial Day Weekend). Moving with toddlers wasn’t a piece of cake, and has proved to extend the time further than we thought of “feeling settled” in the new house. We moved about 3 miles closer to our Southern relatives (and to the airport) into a home that is better fitting the physical needs of our growing and rambunctious twin boys. We bought a foreclosure and had quite a bit of work to do on it. This extra work was a good reason for letting the blog go for a while. More on the house coming in a future post, we hope.
2. The boys had their two-year pictures taken by our dear friend Jenny. We had quite the adventure going to the Farmer’s Market and chasing these two for pictures, but absolutely love the results.
3. We have fallen in love with this little guy.
Henryk is the son of our dear friends, Michael and Emily, and brother of the boys’ best friend, Lily. His short life has taught us so much as he shows us again and again that God is faithful and loves us more deeply than we can even imagine. Please join us in praying for Henryk and his family. Read more about his story here: Henryk Thiel
3. We went to our first wedding as a family of 4. Our friends Aaron and Erin had a lovely wedding in downtown St. Paul, and would not allow us in without the boys.
4. We have been working on our animal sounds.
5. We have a new nephew/cousin (just arrived last weekend in Louisville)—and a new niece/cousin should be arriving in the days to come (in Fargo). Hudson Richard Read was born to Jason and Deb (David’s sister) last Saturday night (Nov 3). He’s a cutie, and we cannot wait to meet him over Thanksgiving!
Although our blog has been neglected a bit, we do try to keep the boys’ Tumblr logs updated
Wow, so there’s our macro update from the last few months!